Perfect Binding is a widely used soft cover book binding method that resembles a paperback book and comes in a wide variety of sizes. The pages and cover are glued together at the spine with a strong yet flexible thermal glue. The other three sides of the book are then trimmed as needed to give them clean “perfect” edges.
Perfect bound books have a square, printable spine and the cover is usually made from paper or cardstock that is heavier than the interior pages. If desired, the cover can be clear coated to provide durability and improve appearance.
Authors, business and organizations frequently use the perfect binding method for professional appearance and relatively low cost on a variety of printing projects such as corporate reports, manuals, catalogs, yearbooks and thicker product brochures.
Some of the benefits of the Perfect Book Binding method are:
- It is less expensive than hardcover binding methods.
- Allows a high page count.
- It can be used for very short production runs…for example, 50 books.
- Books can be made with a heavier weight cover for durability and longevity.
- This method forms a flat spinal edge which can be printed upon.
- The finished shape allows books to stack well for storage and display.
- Perfect binding provides a crisp, professional appearance.
Copy2Copy is a one-stop-shop that is here to cater to your printing, binding, & copying needs. We pay very close attention to detail to make sure we get your order right the first time. Come in or give us a call and see how we can help you!Begin Here
Let us help get your project started.